The Official Newsletter of the University of Puthisastra (UP)-Vol.18 for 15th June 2019 Download
Prime Minister presides over
University of Puthisastra’s 3rd Graduation Ceremony
The University of Puthisastra (UP) celebrates its 3rd Graduation Ceremony at the Diamond Island Convention and Exhibition Center in Phnom Penh on 6 June 2019 with Samdech Hun Sen, Prime Minister of Cambodia being the Guest of Honor.
H.E. Sok Puthyvuth, Chancellor of UP said, “This Graduation Ceremony celebrates our graduates’ achievements as students the long hard work, the sacrifice and our students commitment to their field of study. This ceremony also marks the next stage of their life the first steps of entry into their careers. Our students here today are Cambodia’s energy and lifeblood and represent a very positive future for Cambodia. We are deeply honored to have the presence of the Prime Minister Hun Sen at this important milestone of our graduates’ lives and we look forward to them making positive contributions to our society in time to come.”
Set up just over 12 years ago in 2007, UP has grown from strength to strength in the pursuit of academic excellence. An example of this excellence is demonstrated by UP’s Dental Faculty celebrating a 100% passing rate with their first batch of graduates with and the Pharmacy Faculty celebrating a 99% passing rate at the recent National Exit Examinations. These are excellent results and shows that UP provides the very highest quality education in health and that UP students have very high achievements. They know the value of a UP education and are very, very proud to be a UP graduate. Employers too know of UPs high standards and know that UP graduates make the best new employees, ensuring that the best graduates get the best jobs and the highest salaries.
At UP, we have always set our sights on educating, training and inspiring our students to become future leaders with a global mindset – it’s one reason why UP has so many foreign teaching staff as well as student international visits to learn from the best and experience Best Practice from overseas. It is very exciting to see so many of our students doing so well at the National Exit Examinations and stepping into working life. I am very confident that with their UP advantage, they will provide many positive contributions to Cambodia in the years to come.” said Prof. Ian Findlay,President and Vice-Chancellor of UP.
“I would like to say a big Thank You to UP for the international exposure that the university has given me through the student exchange and internship programs. These have been excellent learning experiences for me which is priceless and will put me in good stead to grow as a professional of my field.”
Ms. Sieng Thida, Faculty of Dentistry
There were almost 1,000 graduates receiving their qualifications, many of whom have participated in UP’s overseas exchange and internship programs in overseas Universities and healthcare institutions as far away as Korea, China, Japan and America.
When asked about her student life at UP, Ms. Sieng Thida from Faculty of Dentistry said, “I would like to say a big Thank You to UP for the international exposure that the university has given me through the student exchange and internship programs. These have been excellent learning experiences for me which is priceless and will put me in good stead to grow as a professional of my field.”
Success story of UP laboratory graduate students
Since 2011 the Laboratory Sciences Department at the University of Puthisastra has provided students with high quality education to be successful in the Health Sciences Sector. Within their education they have engaged themselves to become qualified Laboratory Technicians in the state and public medical laboratories across the country.
Our students have achieved success by are working as a Laboratory Technicians in public/private medical laboratories, NGO, provincial hospital laboratories such as US-CDC, Institute Pasteur du Cambodge (IPC), U.S.Naval Medical Research Unit 2 (NAMRU-2), Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences (AFRIMS) and University of Puthisastra (UP).
But its not just all study – students have been encouraged to involve themselves into any extra curriculum conducted by the department as well
Success stories of UP pharmacy graduates
Over the last 8 years, the Faculty of Pharmacy at UP has achieved remarkable results in preparing students to become very qualified pharmacists who can integrate themselves successfully into both leading public and private sectors.
Some of them got the scholarship to continue their studies in the country and outside the country.
Following are some of our most successful graduates so far:
● So Visessakseth, batch 1 UP pharmacy graduate, is in his second year of Master of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Sciences at Khon Kaen University (KKU), the second leading university in Health Sciences in Thailand.
● Ung Huy Khim, batch 2 graduate, is in her first year of Master Degree in Health Consumer Protection and Health Management at Khon Kaen
University (KKU), the second leading university in Health Sciences in Thailand.
Oeng Sokunvary, batch 2 graduate, is in her first year of Master of Toxicology at Khon Kaen University (KKU), the second leading university in Health Sciences in Thailand.
● Oeng Sokunvary, batch 2 graduate, is in her first year of Master of Toxicology at Khon Kaen University (KKU), the second leading university in Health Sciences in Thailand.
● Kimyen Oeurn, batch 2 graduate, is going to start her first year of Master Degree in Pharmacology, at Khon Kaen University (KKU), the second leading university in Health Sciences in Thailand.
● Lay Sokchea, batch 1 graduate, is a researcher at the Pasteur Institute of Cambodia.
● Khin Chanthearanita, batch 1 graduate, is enjoying her work at R&D department of PharmaProduct Manufacturing (PPM).
● Tha Youmeng, batch 1 graduate, works at Quality Control department of Chea Chamnan Enterprise.
● Sothy Neangsothea, batch 1 graduate, is working at the Victory pharmacy.
● Sambath Chantheany, batch 3 graduate, is working at Help Plus pharmacy.
● Try Gechnay, batch 1 graduate, is working at Royal Rattanak Hospital.
● Un Vorleak, batch 2 graduate, is working at Sihanouk Hospital Center of Hope.
● Heng Sagna, batch 1 graduate, is working at Department of Drug and Food of the Ministry of Health.
● Leang Sokleap, batch 2 graduate, is working at National Health Products Quality Control of the Ministry of Health
● Chea Hongna, batch 2 graduate, is CEO at Smart Care.
Graduate success is linked to good curriculum, well qualified and experienced professors, well-equipped laboratories, good clerkship/internship places, supportive environment and the soft skills they had developed during their 5 years of studies through a wide variety of experiences both inside and outside of the countries. In addition, University of Puthisastra, has provided the following advantages to ensure that its graduates are able to integrate themselves into the world community:
1. Embedded English from the very first year to the end of the program
2. Integrated communication skills into its curriculum
3. Changed its curriculum from content-based to competency based curriculum
4. Used modern methods of teaching
5. Embedded technology, critical thinking and employability skills into its current curriculum
what our graduates have to say!
The remarkable achievements of UPs graduates prove that our unique curriculum, personalised high quality learning approach produces young people who not only have an excellent degree, are highly desirable in the competitive graduate recruitment market but are also very well prepared to make the transition from university to the world of work or postgraduate study.
Don’t just take our word for it, hear what our graduates have to say about their experience studying at University of Puthisastra and how UP prepare them for the future life after graduation!
The core objectives of this training is to enhance understanding and awareness of felt emotions and improve the ability to name and identify various emotions and how it impacts their body and interaction with others.
UP IS VERY PROUD OF ITS GRADUATES, USING THEIR UP ADVANTAGE TO CONTRIBUTE STRONGLY TO CAMBODIA AND THE INTERNATIONAL WORKFORCE.