Dr. Tak Ranuch
Although Covid 19 has made practical classes a huge challenge but it has not stopped us improving the quality of our laboratories. UP has recently acquired new equipment including:
- Hemogram Analyzer: used to provide a Complete Blood Count (CBC) including blood levels of platelets (PLT), red blood cells (RBC), and white blood cells (WBC), and is typically the first test requested by a physician to evaluate a patient’s general health status.
- Electrolyte Analyzer: it can measure electrolytes like Na+, K+ Ca2+ and Cl- in serum, plasma, whole blood, CSF and urine and is used to analyse the maintenance of body functions.
- Analytical Balance: a very accurate way to determine the mass of sample, chemical substance, reagent and other materials within the laboratory.
- Incubator: it is a device used to grow and maintain microbiological cultures or cell cultures. The incubator maintains optimal temperature, humidity and gas levels.
- Combiwash: For preventing contamination during processing tests
- Centrifuge: used in laboratories to separate the components of a liquids based on density.
- Micropipette: is used to measure and deliver accurate volumes of small amounts of liquid
- The pH Meter: it is an instrument used to measure acidity or alkalinity of a solution.